Thursday, August 31, 2017

A Note about Band Select, AP Groups, and RF Profiles on Cisco WLC

This note is not a full explanation of these items but only a point of clarification on an item I was confused over.

In my network as with many larger wireless network I have found it useful to deploy AP groups along with RF profiles to help customize the service in different areas and different use cases for wireless.


When you apply an RF profile I was a little confused about the Band Select section of the Client Distribution tab.  At first I was concerned that if you did not select "Probe Response" is would disable Band Select on the AP's where you have this applied.  But....I was wrong about this.  This only allows you to override these specific Band select settings on these particular AP's allow you to customize Band Select but not disable it. 

This was just something I was lead astray by and wanted to communicate it out there in the event it confused anyone else.

JC




No comments:

Post a Comment